#04 - EN SOLEDAD / IN LONELY



I always get the same question when I leave Count Odi alone at home: what will he do in my absence? It will be OK? Will he miss me? Will he cry, begging me to come back while sending out messages of distress?

Many questions, and hardly any answers.

Sometimes we treat our animals as children of 5 years (although these give 5 dollars and end up betting on any internet crap). To me before they gave me 5 dollars and all I thought was to save them and wait to see some movie or spend it on anything unnecessary. Now you get an iPad and you get hacked half the world, and for less than 5 dollars!

Odi cannot give him 5 dollars (I have given him to see what happened, looks at them, smells them and turns his head. At least I know that when he is older he will not catch my car). And if I leave it alone there is not an entourage of social service workers to denounce me and take it away from me. (I have to admit that my girlfriend does not want to leave alone for 12 hours, God’s do not want him to die of starvation)

But ... I'm sure he'll miss me in his own way. Very in his way. Lie lying in bed, eat when he wants to, and look out the window waiting for his beloved (soon you will know who she is) does not indicate much that he misses me and less when he does it every day without just caring my presence.

Because in the end it does not matter if I am or I am not. If the cat behaves well or he ends up destroying the toilet paper. It does not matter if he is lying in his basket or in bed. The only true feeling of love on his part is the one that when you enter through the door runs to receive you. You lift him, purr to your touch and after 5 minutes when you have fed him, passes from you as if you were not.

He's not a child ... he's smarter yet.

_________________________________________________________________________________

Siempre me viene la misma pregunta cuando dejo al Conde Odi solo en casa: ¿qué hará en mi ausencia? ¿Estará bien? ¿Me echará de menos? ¿Llorará suplicando que vuelva mientras manda mensajes de socorro? 

Muchas preguntas, y a penas pocas respuestas.

A veces tratamos a nuestros animales como críos de 5 años (aunque a estos le das 5 pavos y lo acaban apostando en cualquier mierda de internet). A mí antes me daban 5 pavos y lo único que pensaba era en guardarlos y esperar a ver alguna película o gastarlo en cualquier cosa innecesaria. Ahora te pillan un iPad y te hackean medio mundo, ¡y por menos de 5 pavos!

A Odi no puedo darle 5 pavos (se los he dado a ver qué pasaba, los mira, los huele y gira la cabeza. Al menos sé que cuando sea grande no me pillará el coche). Y si lo dejo solo no viene un séquito de trabajadores de servicios sociales para denunciarme y quitármelo. (Tengo que reconocer que mi novia no lo quiere dejar solo ni 12 horas, no vaya a ser que muera de inanición)

Pero....seguro que a su manera me echa de menos. Muy a su manera. Quedarse tumbado en la cama, comer cuando le da la gana y mirar por la ventana esperando a su amada (pronto sabréis quién es) no indica mucho que me eche de menos y menos cuando lo hace cada día sin apenas importarle mi presencia.

Porque al final da igual si estoy o no estoy. Si se porta bien o me acaba destrozando el papel del baño. No importa si está tumbado en su cesto o en la cama. El único y verdadero sentimiento de amor por su parte, es aquel que cuando entras por la puerta corre para recibirte. Lo coges, ronronea a tus caricias y pasados 5 minutos cuando ya le has puesto de comer, pasa de ti como si no estuvieras.


No es un crío... es más listo todavía.

Comments